
O if I had a nickel for every time I was asked that question!! If you would have asked me before I was married, I would have said at least 5 years after I get married. Most people were suprised to hear that because I love babies so much, however I have worked with children long enough to know that I didn't want one of my own for a very long time. Too tough! Too much work! Once you have a child, there goes your life... and your body. My plan was to simply enjoy my husband for as long as I could before turning a simple, lovely, care-free 2 into a chaotic 3.
Post "I do," well that is a whole other story altogether. To MY surprise, I caught the baby fever, and bad. It all started when I had a very legitimate pregnancy scare just one month after the wedding! When I considered the fact that there was a real possibility I might actually be pregnant, I was SHOCKED at my delight. I would have been stoked if that were really the case. Now I wasn't, and I'm glad, but it really changed my perspective. All of the sudden, I was itching to have a baby! Not seriously... I wasn't about to stop taking my pills or anything like that, but the desire was definitely there, and it never had been before.
New goal: 2 years. And we are almost half way there! In fact, if I make it to September I win $100 from Yuri's cousin who bet I wouldn't make it one year. Right now, it's all about me, and I love it. I really am just enjoying my husband during this time like I had planned all along. But I have got to say there is a deep longing inside me have and raise children! I tried to explain it to Yuri, and I asked him if he felt it too, and he was like, "No, I have a deep desire for YOU to have and raise children." Hahaha, that's fair I suppose.
Anyway, I won't be getting pregnant anytime soon. We do want to wait, we do want to plan, and we will be ready when the day comes. I would looooooove a baby right now, but we know it isn't right for us just yet. That does not stop me from dreaming though! Take a look at this angel right above....

No comments:
Post a Comment